Splunk Search

How to find several terms in all _raw ?

mah
Builder

Hi,

I want to find specific strings in all event in order to classify them into two values, like "if there is "A" or "B" or "C" so put it under "OK" value, if not put it in default value "KO".

I tried first this query :

| eval field=if(searchmatch("A"),"OK,"KO")

But I tried ("A" OR "B") and it does not work. 

I don't know how to add other strings in this command. 

Can you help me ?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you literarily tried

| eval field=if(searchmatch("A" OR "B"),"ok","ko")

You should have gotten an error because it's not a valid search string and also an OR operator needs two boolean expressions as arguments, not string.

If you want a search string "A" OR "B" OR "C", you have to escape the quotes within the string.

| eval field=if(searchmatch("\"A\" OR \"B\" OR \"C\""),"ok","ko")

View solution in original post

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you literarily tried

| eval field=if(searchmatch("A" OR "B"),"ok","ko")

You should have gotten an error because it's not a valid search string and also an OR operator needs two boolean expressions as arguments, not string.

If you want a search string "A" OR "B" OR "C", you have to escape the quotes within the string.

| eval field=if(searchmatch("\"A\" OR \"B\" OR \"C\""),"ok","ko")

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...