Splunk Search

How to fetch relative fields out of timechart result based on Max(column) ?

sangs8788
Communicator

I have requirement where in i have to display in a timerange, what is the peak number of request per min and corresponding max response time during that min

Below is the query which gives me the for a span 1 min what was the count of thread and max response time for the selected timerange

host=test, index=prod | timechart  count(R) as ThreadCount, max(response_time) as ResponseTime by host_type

In above result i would like to get what was the peak numbr of request the host_type was able to handle and what was the maximum response time when it was handling the peak request. something similar to below,

host=test, index=prod | timechart  count(R) as ThreadCount, max(response_time) as ResponseTime by host_type|streamstats max(ThreadCount) as MaxThreadCount by host_type|sort +ThreadCount |stats first(ResponseTime) as CorrespondingResponseTime |where ThreadCount=MaxThreadCount|table MaxThreadCount, CorrespondingResponseTime

I am pretty sure something wrong in my query. Could you please help me in getting the peak number of request the host_type was able to handle and what was the maximum response time when it was handling the peak request.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

This is what you asked for

host=test, index=prod 
| bin _time span=1m
| stats count(R) as ThreadCount, max(response_time) as ResponseTime by host_type _time
| eventstats max(ThreadCount) as MaxThreadCount by host_type
| where ThreadCount = MaxThreadCount

However, I'd probably do something more like this...

host=test, index=prod 
| bin _time span=1m
| stats count(R) as ThreadCount, max(response_time) as ResponseMax avg(response_time) as ResponseAvg by host_type _time
| eventstats perc90(ThreadCount) as p90Count by host_type
| where ThreadCount>=p90Count

Then, you can chew that up in various ways based upon what the shape of the results are.

0 Karma

logloganathan
Motivator

Could you please provide the log and output sample you need for our better understanding

Also please try this query. i dont know whether its your requirement
host=test, index=prod | timechart count(R) as ThreadCount, max(response_time) as ResponseTime by host_type
| appendcols [ search host=test, index=prod | timechart count(R) as ThreadCount,max(ThreadCount) as MaxThreadCount by host_type ] | table ThreadCount ResponseTime MaxThreadCount

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...