Splunk Search

How to extract values from a CSV lookup based on date?

JudgeLaw
Engager

Hello,

I am looking for some guidance please with regards to a CSV input I have that is automatically updated daily as part of the TA.

I want to be able to extract data when a row has been updated within the last 24 hours.

The CSV for example has the following columns

title, category, published_datetime

I want to see the other values in the row when published_datetime is less than 24 hours, in UTC format.

Thank you

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Something like this:

| inputlookup <lookup-name>
| eval pubtime=strptime(published_datetime, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")
| where pubtime>relative_time(now(), "-24h@m")

You might have to change the format of datetime inside strptime function based on the values in your lookup. - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.4/SearchReference/Commontimeformatvariables 

View solution in original post

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Something like this:

| inputlookup <lookup-name>
| eval pubtime=strptime(published_datetime, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")
| where pubtime>relative_time(now(), "-24h@m")

You might have to change the format of datetime inside strptime function based on the values in your lookup. - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.4/SearchReference/Commontimeformatvariables 

JudgeLaw
Engager

Thank you, just had to amend the date format as you suggested.

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use inputlookup to load the csv into the event stream, convert the published_datetime to a numeric epoch value using strptime(), then use a where command to compare published_datetime with now()-(24*60*60) and keep events where published datetime is greater than 24 hours ago

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...