Splunk Search

How to escape double backslash in rex/regex command?

ixixix_spl
Explorer

I'm having some serious difficulty in figuring out how to escape a double backslash within the REX/regex spl command..
The following regex works on regex101 "title\\\\\"\:\\\\\"(?<event>[^\)].*)\\\\\"\,\\\\\"selection" when extracting the log snippet below to get the "Button Title" text:

"partyId\":\"lahflkhasdljkflkf\",\"title\”:\”Button Title\”,\”selectionType\":\"button\
I found a suggestion on "Tricky behavior of escaping backslash in regex" to \\ to match a single \ but that didn't do the trick. Anyone have advice on how to escape a double backslash in the rex command, and if so please post the regex below!

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

sudosplunk
Motivator

Hi,

I would use \W - Matches any non-word character

Append this ...| rex field=_raw "title\W+(?<event>[\w\s]+) to your search and let me know if it works.

View solution in original post

sudosplunk
Motivator

Hi,

I would use \W - Matches any non-word character

Append this ...| rex field=_raw "title\W+(?<event>[\w\s]+) to your search and let me know if it works.

ixixix_spl
Explorer

wow that was quick thanks!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...