Splunk Search

How to edit my current search to find the difference between yesterday's count and today's count?

nivethainspire_
Explorer

I need to add a column stating the difference in count (today - yesterday). How can I write this search?

Existing search:

index=sample | eval Segments = if(like(Segments ,"%om%"), "omg", "DTDC")|search Segments=Omg Class=Server OR Name=Server OR Class=""|stats sum(evn) as evn sum(eval(if(Flags=="NULL" AND blank!="NULL",evn, 0))) as "OSScore" 

The above serach runs for today's timestamp.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Try running this for the last 2 days:

index=sample | eval Segments = if(like(Segments ,"%om%"), "omg", "DTDC")
| search Segments=Omg Class=Server OR Name=Server OR Class=""
| bucket _time span=1d
| stats sum(evn) AS evn sum(OSScore) AS OSScore BY _time
| addtotals row=f col=t labelfield=_time *
| eventstats first(*) AS today_* last(*) as yesterday_*
| foreach yesterday_* [eval <<FIELD>> = <<FIELD>> - today_<<MATCHSEG1>>]
| tail 1
0 Karma

nivethainspire_
Explorer

what change Should I make to get the difference for yesterday's and "Day before" data.

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

index=sample earliest=-1d@d 
| eval Segments = if(like(Segments ,"%om%"), "omg", "DTDC") 
| search Segments=Omg Class=Server OR Name=Server OR Class="" 
| eval when=if(_time<relative_time(now(), "@d"), "Yesterday", "Today") 
| stats sum(evn) as evn sum(eval(if(Flags=="NULL" AND blank!="NULL",evn, 0))) as "OSScore" by when 
| untable when stat values 
| chart values(values) as values over stat by when 
| eval diff=Yesterday-Today
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

Try the following:

index=sample earliest=-1d@d latest=now | eval Segments = if(like(Segments ,"%om%"), "omg", "DTDC")|search Segments=Omg Class=Server OR Name=Server OR Class=""|stats sum(evn) as evn sum(eval(if(Flags=="NULL" AND blank!="NULL",evn, 0))) as "OSScore" by date_mday | delta OSScore as Difference

Delta command gives a difference between nearby numeric field results. It is inverse of accum command. If you take out earliest & latest time, delta command will perform difference for each subsequent result.

niketn
Legend

@nivethainspire_07 If your search query in the question is what you need you can modify the earliest and latest to time range you want and delta will give you difference between each consecutive rows.

Following compares last 7 days with difference of OSScore for each consecutive day:

index=sample earliest=-7d@d latest=now | eval Segments = if(like(Segments ,"%om%"), "omg", "DTDC")|search Segments=Omg Class=Server OR Name=Server OR Class=""|stats sum(evn) as evn sum(eval(if(Flags=="NULL" AND blank!="NULL",evn, 0))) as "OSScore" by date_mday | delta OSScore as Difference

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...