Splunk Search

How to do log analysis using splunk

srinivas0704

I am working on approach to upload logs to splunk,I have set of queries to query in logs and extract the values.How to run queries as soon as one user uploads logs without himself querying and give him the results

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @srinivas0704,
you could create an alert, running e.g. every five minutes that checks logs upload and send an email with the results.
the problem is: how many users do you have for this job? if they are a limited number you could create an alert for each one with his email, if they are many is more difficoult.

ciao.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

srinivas0704

@gcusello Thanks for looking into, there are many. Is there some way when user uploads the logs it does all the queries automatically and show result

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @srinivas0704,
you could create a dashboard that displays all the data in an index, but the user should insert some parameters to find the uploaded logs (e.g. source or index or sourcetype).

One question: when you speak of log upload, are you speaking of the UI guided procedure?
if yes at the end of the procedure Splunk shows a button to display all the loaded events.

ciao.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

srinivas0704

@gcusello Log upload is about application logs which user uploads himself and he should get to know whats the issue on uploading logs

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @srinivas0704,
as i said, at the end of the UI guided procedure user has a button to display all the loaded events.

ciao.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

srinivas0704

@gcusello Thanks will refer this

0 Karma

srinivas0704

@gcusello Checked the video but they are still querying. Sry if I am not clear. I have a list of queries which should be executed on each and every logs user uploads and give results to them of queries executed

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The only way is to create more alert with all your queries and send results to you users, otherwise, they can access results in alerts.
Ciao.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

srinivas0704

ok will check this,thanks @gcusello

0 Karma

srinivas0704

@gcusello Do you have any guide on how to load the events so that it displays all the loaded events or queries

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...