Splunk Search

How to create custom results?

msalghamdi
Explorer

Dear Splunker,

i need you help in creating custom results to include in a report and output it in a table for statistics, here are the data:

msalghamdi_1-1686474929463.png

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Just use makeresults to generate a block of text, then use multikv to split it into single rows/cols. If you want to add this to an existing report, use append.

But most probably it wil not make much sense if your report has other columns - it will not be a separate "legend" to the table. For that you'd have to create a dashboard with separate widgets - one for table, one for the legend (here you could probably just use static text)

0 Karma

msalghamdi
Explorer

thanks for the answer, the thing is whenever i create results, the same fields gets overwritten when i create multiple of it, please if you can create a search that would show it in a table id be thankful

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had 3 releases of new security content via the Enterprise Security ...

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...