Splunk Search

How to create a different search for each column in a chart?

link22
Explorer

I would like to have a chart that shows the different values (I used a unique field extraction for this) found and displays each value's count in a column.
I am trying to make each column have a unique link to dashboard I made based on the value of the column. I am fine with hard coding this in xml with the set values I have.
Any suggestions on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

0 Karma
1 Solution

link22
Explorer

For others who may want to know this:
There is a special search called a conditional drilldown in which in the drilldown you have your condition tags. In the condition tags, you can have a link. I'm having a hard time making it work properly but it's a start for anyone who needs it.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

link22
Explorer

For others who may want to know this:
There is a special search called a conditional drilldown in which in the drilldown you have your condition tags. In the condition tags, you can have a link. I'm having a hard time making it work properly but it's a start for anyone who needs it.

0 Karma

link22
Explorer

Something I tried is putting this into my :

<condition match="$click.name$==nameOfColumn">
             <set token="dashboard_tok">/app/linktodashboard</set>
      </condition>
      <condition match="$click.name$==nameOfOtherColumn">
             <set token="dashboard_tok">/app/linktodashboard</set>
      </condition>

and then in the drilldown, I replace the search string with $dashboard_tok$.

However this oddly gives my a second bar in my graph that belongs to who knows what (it is not a value being found by the field extraction and the column is completely only created by this chunk of xml).
Also what I did above just plain doesn't work... But I wanted to show some semblance of what I'm trying to do.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...