Splunk Search

How to create a data summary panel containing the host and the date of its last update?

nidet
Explorer

I want to make a panel that contains the host and the date of the last update, such as shown in the link. I used this, but I cannot place the date at the end in results.
host, count (sparkline), last update

host="*" | stats sparkline count by host

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kk4xpbdv290r1jj/splunk.JPG?dl=0

0 Karma
1 Solution

fdi01
Motivator

TRY LIKE THIS:
host="*" | stats sparkline count latest(_time) as "Last Update" by host| fieldformat "Last Update"=strftime('Last Update', "%c")

View solution in original post

fdi01
Motivator

TRY LIKE THIS:
host="*" | stats sparkline count latest(_time) as "Last Update" by host| fieldformat "Last Update"=strftime('Last Update', "%c")

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use latest(_time) as "Last Update" in your stats.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That's an epoch timestamp which needs to be formatted for displaying to humans.

nidet
Explorer

Hi, Martin
Thanks for you answer is good. but i have large numbers in last update: 1427301579

host="*" | stats sparkline count latest(_time) as "Last Update" by host

would have to add another command or have an idea that I can investigate to solve the number?

Thanks, Martin

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...