Splunk Search

How to create a chart that shows multiple values by default, but have a multiselect drop-down to drill down to a specific value?

jhayIV
Engager

I am trying to provide a chart that shows multiple locations as a default, then allow them to use the multiselect to drill down to a specific location. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I am getting No Results Found

The working search looks like this:

table Location,Server_Name,Server_OS_Name|search Location="FORT WORTH RDC" OR "CROSSINGS RDC" |chart count(Server_Name) by Server_OS_Name|

When I set up the drop-down, the search doesn't work:

table Location,Server_Name,Server_OS_Name|search Location="FORT WORTH RDC CROSSINGS RDC" |chart count(Server_Name) by Server_OS_Name|

I tried putting quotes in the Prefix and Suffix
alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

sundareshr
Legend

The values returned by the multi-select dropdown is not in the right format for the search. You need to add the right Prefix & SUffix. Try this

Token Prefix=(
Token Suffix=)
Token Value Prefix=Location="
Token Value Suffix=" OR  (there is a space before and after OR)

So when you set the token value, it should look like this (Location="Fort Worth" OR Location="Dallas")

View solution in original post

sundareshr
Legend

The values returned by the multi-select dropdown is not in the right format for the search. You need to add the right Prefix & SUffix. Try this

Token Prefix=(
Token Suffix=)
Token Value Prefix=Location="
Token Value Suffix=" OR  (there is a space before and after OR)

So when you set the token value, it should look like this (Location="Fort Worth" OR Location="Dallas")

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...