Splunk Search

How to create SQL query from log?

jeesphilipz

Hi 

I have two files Filed1 and Filed2, Fileld1 is procedure call and Files 2 is the arguments 

i want to make a proper procedure call out of it by replacing "?"  with actual vales from the arguments 

Eg: 
Filed1  exec procedureABC arg1 = ?, arg2 = ?, arg3 = ?

Filed2  arg1=EXEC, arg2=472.59, arg3=ABCI want to make a string like this  "exec proc1 arg1 = EXEC, arg2 = 472.59, arg3 = ABC"
How can i do this ?

Labels (5)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Assuming the fields are always in the format shown, you can extract the procedure from Field1 and append the contents of Field2 as the arguments.

| rex field=Field1 "(?<call>.*?) arg1"
| eval exec = call . " " . Field2
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

jeesphilipz

thanks for the reply 

That didn't  help me , 

procedure call would be more complex and some times the argument list can have more element in it 
eg : exec procedureABC @arg1 = ?,  @arg2 = ?,  @arg3 = ?  in real scenario the procedure call parameter begin with '@' 

and the argument list wont have any '@' in it.  also argument list can have more than 10 elements so we need a lookup there 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...