Splunk Search

How to count total with only displaying one stat?

jialiu907
Path Finder

I am looking to display only one statistic row being named Total with the count of all of the hosts added up, which should equal around 450, give or take. I know how to add it up in the way of using addcoltotals but I am only looking for the Total row, excluding the rest of the stats.

I have attached the base search and the current output. 

index=os source=ps host=deml* OR host=sefs* OR host=ingg* OR host=us* OR host=gblc* 
NOT user=dcv NOT user=root NOT user=chrony NOT user=dbus NOT user=gdm NOT user=libstor+ NOT user=nslcd NOT user=polkitd NOT user=postfix NOT user=rpc NOT user=rpcuser NOT user=rtkit NOT user=colord NOT user=nobody NOT user=sgeadmin NOT user=splunk NOT user=setroub+ NOT user=lp NOT user=68 NOT user=ntp NOT user=smmsp NOT user=dcvsmagent NOT user=libstoragemgmt
| dedup user
| stats count by host

jialiu907_0-1686064924390.png

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| stats count
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jialiu907,

if you want the total number of distinct hosts, you can use

| stats dc(host) AS host_count

ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

jialiu907
Path Finder

Hey, so that gives me the count of the hosts, but what I am really looking for is to count up all of the numbers on the right side and have one total count of that without doing addcoltotals.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...