Splunk Search

How to compute results using rows /cells from a table?

andres91302
Communicator

Hello Friends, 

I'm trying to generate a table that summarizes the total count of events A, B and C as follows

search 1 | fields A 
| stats  count(A) as Net 
| eval stage="A"
| append 
    [ search search 2 | fields B
    | stats count(B) as Net 
    | eval stage="B"] 
| append 
    [ search search 3 | fields C
    | stats count(C) as Net 
    | eval stage="C"] 
| table stage, Net

But I cannot seem to find a way to the create a field named "conv" that will compute the follow opeacion:

take the value of the current Net count subtract the previous value and then devide it by the previous value, in other words find the percentage of conversion between stages, BUT for thw first row it will be zero something like this:

StageNetconv
A1000
B80(80- 100)/100  = -0.2  
C70(70-80) /80 = -0.125 

I was thinking about a way to calculate something with a for loop? but I dont know how ti access the indexes of the table... Thank you so much to everyone that can help me like THANK YOU SO MUCH

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| streamstats values(Net) as previous window=1 current=f
| eval conv=(Net-previous)/previous

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| streamstats values(Net) as previous window=1 current=f
| eval conv=(Net-previous)/previous

andres91302
Communicator

@ITWhisperer  thank you for your great help! it means a lot to me, your code worked as expected 10/10 I will reading documenaton of streamstats and eventstats to use them in the futurethank you so much again, thanks a lot

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...