Splunk Search

How to compare and save the values between some columns

ruchijain

Hi all,
I have below input:

alt text

Now I want to do below comparision:

(Row1 = started AND row2=started ) OR (row3="started" AND Row4="started")

The result is good otherwise result is bad.

I don't know how to do that comparison and save the value, can anyone please help?

0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
Legend

@ruchijain,

You have almost the solution in your question itself. Probably you haven't specified the fields correctly

| eval result=if(('row 1' = "started" AND 'row 2'="started" ) OR ('row 3'="started" AND 'row 4'="started"),"good","bad")
Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@ruchijain,

You have almost the solution in your question itself. Probably you haven't specified the fields correctly

| eval result=if(('row 1' = "started" AND 'row 2'="started" ) OR ('row 3'="started" AND 'row 4'="started"),"good","bad")
Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

ruchijain

Hi Renjith,

Please find the image attahced:

But if i will look for bad it will alert for the first row but i think i got the option like if number of result if greater than 1 then it will alert.

Can i use this query?

eventtype=cxp_editorial_mob | chart latest(status) as status by raxhost | transpose | eval result=if(('row 1'!= "started" AND 'row 2'!="started" ) OR ('row 3'="started" AND 'row 4'="started"),"good","bad")

alt text

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend
    eventtype=cxp_editorial_mob | chart latest(status) as status by raxhost | transpose | eval result=if(('row 1'!= "started" AND 'row 2'!="started" ) OR ('row 3'="started" AND 'row 4'="started"),"good","bad")
    |where result=="bad"

and then trigger alert if Number of Results is greater than 0.

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

ruchijain

Thanks renjith for the answer.

Just need one more i got below output:

alt text

I want to juts check for the row status if it is good or bad...

Means i want to get alert if the status row is bad... how to do that

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@ruchijain,
the image is not available. You could add |where result=="bad" to your search and trigger alert if Number of Results is greater than 0

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...