Splunk Search

How to compare a search result with a lookup?

kranthi851

Hi,

I have to get a result which is not in the lookup file. In the lookup, I have TIME and IP_PN. In the search result, I get the output CURRENTTIME, IP_PN. Now I need to get the output result of IP_PN which is not in the lookup. Can you let me know how to do it?

Search I'm using:

index=123|....|rename  _time as currenttime|join IP_PN [|alert.csv] 

Result:

currenttime   IP_PN            time
1465074992.23   10.1.2.3-22   1464988380.57
1465074992.23   10.22.1.1-44e    1464988380.57
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jensonthottian
Contributor
index=main source=qualys |rex max_match=0 "UDP_PORT=(?\d+)|TCP_PORT=(?\d+)"|search (PORT=* OR TCP_PORT=* OR UDP_PORT=*)|eval pn=(toString(PORT) + ";" + toString(TCP_PORT) + ";" + toString(UDP_PORT))| makemv delim=";" pn|mvexpand pn |where pn!="Null"|makemv pn|mvexpand pn|eval IP_PN=(toString(IP) + "_" + toString(pn))|dedup IP_PN|rename _time as currenttime| |lookup qualys_alert.csv IP_PN OUTPUTNEW IP_PN AS status|search NOT status=*| table currenttime IP_PN

The above should work.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jensonthottian
Contributor
index=main source=qualys |rex max_match=0 "UDP_PORT=(?\d+)|TCP_PORT=(?\d+)"|search (PORT=* OR TCP_PORT=* OR UDP_PORT=*)|eval pn=(toString(PORT) + ";" + toString(TCP_PORT) + ";" + toString(UDP_PORT))| makemv delim=";" pn|mvexpand pn |where pn!="Null"|makemv pn|mvexpand pn|eval IP_PN=(toString(IP) + "_" + toString(pn))|dedup IP_PN|rename _time as currenttime| |lookup qualys_alert.csv IP_PN OUTPUTNEW IP_PN AS status|search NOT status=*| table currenttime IP_PN

The above should work.

0 Karma

sameera123
Explorer

index=123 |lookup alert.csv IP_PN OUTPUTNEW IP_PN AS status|search NOT status=*|table CURRENTTIME,IP_PN

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

index=123 NOT [inputlookup alert.csv | table IP_PN] | table CURENTTIME, IP_PN

kranthi851

I tried, i'm getting the results, which are in lookup table.

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Post your full search that you tried.

0 Karma

kranthi851
index=main source=qualys IP=10.21.16.195 |rex max_match=0 "UDP_PORT=(?\d+)|TCP_PORT=(?\d+)"|search (PORT=* OR TCP_PORT=* OR UDP_PORT=*)|eval pn=(toString(PORT) + ";" + toString(TCP_PORT) + ";" + toString(UDP_PORT))| makemv delim=";" pn|mvexpand pn |where pn!="Null"|makemv pn|mvexpand pn|eval IP_PN=(toString(IP) + "_" + toString(pn))|dedup IP_PN|rename _time as currenttime| search NOT [|inputlookup qualys_alert.csv | table IP_PN] | table currenttime IP_PN
0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Is the format of values of field IP_PN same in both your search results and lookup? Lookup is case sensitive (in case your values contain alphabets)

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

index=main source=qualys IP=10.21.16.195 |rex max_match=0 "UDP_PORT=(?\d+)|TCP_PORT=(?\d+)"|search (PORT= OR TCP_PORT= OR UDP_PORT=*)| eval z=mvzip(pn, mvzip(UDP_PORT, TCP_PORT) ) | mvexpand z |where pn!="Null"|eval IP_PN=(toString(IP) + "_" + toString(pn))|dedup IP_PN|rename _time as currenttime| search NOT [|inputlookup qualys_alert.csv | table IP_PN] | table currenttime IP_PN
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...