Splunk Search

How to club and display the results of two queries in a single dashboard

sudeep5689
Explorer

Hi i am having two search queries with a difference of only the time range. I want to show the results of both the queries in a single dashboard. I s there a way to do it

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Super Champion

Ideally splunk has created two fields - date_month and date_year. If these fields are present then you can use below stats command-

...| stats count by date_month, date_year

View solution in original post

sudeep5689
Explorer

The solution provided worked out

0 Karma

Super Champion

Ideally splunk has created two fields - date_month and date_year. If these fields are present then you can use below stats command-

...| stats count by date_month, date_year

Super Champion

@sudeep5689, I am converting my comment as Answer. Please accept this if it helps.

0 Karma

Super Champion

You can create two separate panel and run each panel query on separate timerange in single dashboard.

0 Karma

sudeep5689
Explorer

i want the results in same panel

0 Karma

Super Champion

you can use earliest and latest within your query to run on separate timerange like below example-

index=abc earliest=-1d@d latest=now() |<your calculation>|append [search index=abc earliest=-5d@d latest=now()]
0 Karma

sudeep5689
Explorer

Ok
Can we show the results as separate rows using this combined search. i mean month wise

0 Karma

sudeep5689
Explorer

like count of events i need to show on a monthly basis

0 Karma

Super Champion

you can show count on a monthly basis using single query . Is there any other reason for running two query?

0 Karma

sudeep5689
Explorer

in a single query using append right or anyother way you are hinting at

0 Karma

sudeep5689
Explorer

yes need to show comparison across months for count basis.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...