Splunk Search

How to change the cron schedule of around 500 saved searches at once in Splunk Cloud so spread across the clock?

bhagyashriyan
Explorer

Hi, I have many concurrent saved searches running due to which search delayed health indicator is always red. How to change the cron schedule of around 500 saved searches together at once in splunk cloud so spread across the clock?

TIA

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can't.  Changing 500 searches together would have them all run at the same different time.  Splunk does not have an Easy Button that will reschedule your searches for you.

Each search has to be re-scheduled individually.   You don't have to change them all, however.  Focus first on the searches that run 0, 15, 30, and 45 minutes after the hour as they tend to be the busiest times.

While you're at it, reconsider how often each search runs.  Reducing the number of runs will help cut down on delayed and skipped searches.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...