Splunk Search

How to calculate Uptime?

amandeepsingh
Explorer

Splukers,

I want to calculate uptime for my network. By this I mean, I need uptime in hours like time diffrence between to consecutive uptimes and downtimes. 

amandeepsingh_0-1596505846572.png

As in above image, I want to calculate uptime and downtime but not total. for example my network was up for two hours and there was downtime for 15 mins and then network is up for 4 hours and then again experience downtime for 10 mins. I want to achieve this. How can I do this stuff in SPL

Labels (3)
0 Karma

amandeepsingh
Explorer

I am stil stuck here.. Any one can help me here.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

amandeepsingh
Explorer

Is this post is being viewed.. Anyone help me here?

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your question is not clear with respect to events you shared. Can you elaborate little bit with example.

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

amandeepsingh
Explorer

Yeah!! actually I want to monitor my public IP.. let's say google.. so I am pinging that IP..

and saving those into txt file. Then I am inserting those txt files into splunk.

Now, Network might be Up for like 3 hours and down for next 10 min and then again up for 2 hours.

so what is want as per below image.. Instead of arrow you can count it up and down

amandeepsingh_0-1596599399920.png

Tags (1)
0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I believe there are many dest in your events. You want to get this report per dest?

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

amandeepsingh
Explorer

yes! i have configured drill down to each dest. So i want it on the dril down page..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...