Splunk Search

How to build a correlation search for direct web traffic without proxy?

SIEMStudent
Path Finder

Hi Splunkers, 

I'm facing the following task: I have to build a correlation search that check users that go on a web page without using proxy or, in other words, direct traffic that no pass throug it. 

The rule itself is not a problem; i could perform some checks, for example if the host is not a proxy. My question is: using Data Model Web, because one bound is to use DM if possible, how can I distinguish direct web traffic by proxy one? I mean, which field, or fields, am I supposed to check to identify direct traffic from proxy one using this DM? Is this action possible with Web DM?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

smurf
Communicator

Hi,

if you know that you can find it based on a host, you can use it in the data model too.

| tstats count from datamodel=Web where host=not_a_proxy

View solution in original post

smurf
Communicator

Hi,

if you know that you can find it based on a host, you can use it in the data model too.

| tstats count from datamodel=Web where host=not_a_proxy

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...