Splunk Search

How to average the values of duplicate entries?

crucifier_0
Explorer

Hi,

Suppose I have these following entries in a table

A-  1

A - 2

A - 3

B - 1

B-  2

I want to average the values of the same key. Something like this,

A-  3.5

B - 1.5

Help me out on this 

Labels (4)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @crucifier_0,

supposing that the field names in the table are "type" and "value", you should run a search using the stats command, something like this:

your_search
| stats avg(value) AS avg_value BY type

Anyway, I hint to follow the Splunk Search Tutorial at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.6/SearchTutorial/WelcometotheSearchTutorial or follow some video tutorial on YouTube.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @crucifier_0,

supposing that the field names in the table are "type" and "value", you should run a search using the stats command, something like this:

your_search
| stats avg(value) AS avg_value BY type

Anyway, I hint to follow the Splunk Search Tutorial at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.6/SearchTutorial/WelcometotheSearchTutorial or follow some video tutorial on YouTube.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

rnowitzki
Builder

Hi @crucifier_0 

Suppose your columns are called "letter" and "number":

| stats avg(number) by letter

Hope this is what you asked for.

BR
Ralph

--
Karma and/or Solution tagging appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...