Splunk Search

How to assign field name as primary key in kvstore lookup table

hemalalli
Explorer

I need to insert some records to lookup table and make sure that the lookup table should not allow the duplicate insertion
I'm using service.request POST REST call to insert the records to the collection via Splunk HTML view.

NOTE: I don't want to use "dedup" to display, because I need to avoid insert if the lookup table has another record.

Please help !

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

hemalalli
Explorer

I have implemented the workaround to avoid duplication while inserting to the KV store collection

Once the fields are entered in the splunk view, I'm running the search query and getting the key(_key) if the fields are matching in the KV store collection, if the key is available then I'm popping up the messaging saying "Record already exist", otherwise I'm inserting the record.

Thanks and Regards,
Hema

View solution in original post

0 Karma

hemalalli
Explorer

I have implemented the workaround to avoid duplication while inserting to the KV store collection

Once the fields are entered in the splunk view, I'm running the search query and getting the key(_key) if the fields are matching in the KV store collection, if the key is available then I'm popping up the messaging saying "Record already exist", otherwise I'm inserting the record.

Thanks and Regards,
Hema

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...