Splunk Search

How to allow users dashboard access, but no Search & Reporting App access in Splunk 6.1.4?

DanielFordWA
Contributor

I have created an app that contains some simple XML dashboards.

I am trying to achieve the following.

User logs onto Splunk and lands on the Launcher Homepage

• The user does not see the search bar
  • The user does not see the Search & Reporting App on the Launcher Homepage
  • The user does not see the Search & Reporting App in the Nav

I have created a new role for the dashboard user, for dashboards to work the search app is required.

I have looked at various forum posts but cannot seem to remove all access to the Search & Reporting functionality. I have tried editing the views/permissions/nav but I think I am missing something.

I have tried removing the views "Flashtimeline" and "Dashboard_live" but then the user gets an 404 error when logging into Splunk.

I would also like to remove the "settings" drop down for these users, but I'll take getting the above to work first.

Is the above possible?

Thanks,

Dan

1 Solution

DanielFordWA
Contributor

I'm a fool!

First time doing this, so app context was a new thing to me.

Recreated all the searches and dashboards from within the app and now everything works as it should. I can remove access to the search app and the Dashboard app will still work!

The user still gets the "manage app" button on the launcher homepage which leads to a 404 but everything else looks good.

View solution in original post

DanielFordWA
Contributor

I'm a fool!

First time doing this, so app context was a new thing to me.

Recreated all the searches and dashboards from within the app and now everything works as it should. I can remove access to the search app and the Dashboard app will still work!

The user still gets the "manage app" button on the launcher homepage which leads to a 404 but everything else looks good.

DanielFordWA
Contributor

I am on 6.1.4

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...