Splunk Search

How to achieve grouping the results using field present inside a json array?

ghostrider
Path Finder

I have below format log messages. At the end I want to group the messages by BID.

{
"details" : [
{
"BID" : "123"
},
{
"BID" :  "456"
}
]
}

These BIDs correspond to some static fields which describe what BID is. Like BID :  123 corresponds to Apple. This detail/description is however not present in the events or search results. The mappings are present in the lookup.csv file with BID and description as 2 columns, which I am using for lookup. But the description is field is getting displayed at the end rather than after/before the BID. I want to show the below expected output but its showing the below actual output. 

Expected Output

Description BID  Count
Apple       123  4
Orange      456  3

Actual Output

BID  Count Description
123  4      Apple       
456  3      Orange      

I am using below query, Is there any way to achieve the expected output? 

MY_SEARCH
| spath 
| rename "details{}.BID" as BID
| stats count as Count by BID
| lookup lookup.csv BID as BID OUTPUT description as description

Labels (8)
0 Karma
1 Solution

johnhuang
Motivator

You can use the "table" command to order your output fields. For example, add this to the bottom of your query.

| table Description BID Count

View solution in original post

johnhuang
Motivator

You can use the "table" command to order your output fields. For example, add this to the bottom of your query.

| table Description BID Count

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...