Splunk Search

How to List objects of an application

somesoni2
Revered Legend

I have an apps which has views, saved searches, field extractions and macros. Is it possible to list all the objects of an app using splunk search??

Basically I want to know if Splunk stores the app's metadata in any of the indexes.
Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

lguinn2
Legend

Splunk does not store knowledge objects in any index. Knowledge objects are contained in .conf files and .xml files that are stored in the directory hierarchy under $SPLUNK_HOME/etc

Shameless promotion: there is an app on Splunkbase called X-ray Splunk which collects information about the knowledge objects and presents it in a variety of dashboards. It doesn't seem to work yet on all OSes, but it is free.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jaxjohnny2000
Builder

Take a look at this splunk base app: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2871/

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

Splunk does not store knowledge objects in any index. Knowledge objects are contained in .conf files and .xml files that are stored in the directory hierarchy under $SPLUNK_HOME/etc

Shameless promotion: there is an app on Splunkbase called X-ray Splunk which collects information about the knowledge objects and presents it in a variety of dashboards. It doesn't seem to work yet on all OSes, but it is free.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Thanks for you response roberts. I was looking for more of a search query to list that which can be displayed over a dashboard.

0 Karma

rroberts
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Also, from the Manager->Apps menu you can click the "view objects" link and sort the objects under that app.

0 Karma
Register for .conf21 Now! Go Vegas or Go Virtual!

How will you .conf21? You decide! Go in-person in Las Vegas, 10/18-10/21, or go online with .conf21 Virtual, 10/19-10/20.