Splunk Search

How to Convert Existing SPLUNK Trial Version to Paid License Version

SplunkDash
Motivator

Hello,

Currently, SPLUNK is installed in one of my AWS EC2 Instances.  It's a free 60-day trial version, for my personal use to test and do some research. I have done a lot of tasks including some research work within that SPLUNK platform. Are there any ways I can convert this trial version to paid License version, so I can continue using this SPLUNK platform after 60 days? Thank you so much!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @SplunkDash,

I mean that, if you already have a Splunk Partner, you can ask to it a quote for the license.

If not, you can see in the splunk.com site footer where you can find "Contact sales".

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @SplunkDash,

as you can read at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.0/Admin/TypesofSplunklicenses when you finish the trial period (60 days) yu have two choices:

• buy a license,
  • pass to a Free License.

If you buy a License, you have only to load it in your Splunk instance using the [Settings > License > Ad New License] menu voice  and restarting Splunk.

Passing toa Free License, you have only to say to Splunk (and it asks to you this) that you're using a Free License with the known limitations.

To Buy a License, you can ask to your Splunk Referral Partner (if you have) or directly ask to Splunk by site.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

SplunkDash
Motivator

@gcusello 

Thank you so much for your response. I have a question, what do you mean by "directly ask to Splunk by site"-  how would I do that?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @SplunkDash,

I mean that, if you already have a Splunk Partner, you can ask to it a quote for the license.

If not, you can see in the splunk.com site footer where you can find "Contact sales".

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...

Updated Data Management and AWS GDI Inventory in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to Data Management and Infrastructure Inventory for AWS. The Data Management page, ...