Splunk Search

How do you append new results in a lookup file?

chanthongphiob
Path Finder

I have a lookup table that runs every month of previous successful logins. For example:

Account_Name, Host
alpha, comp1 comp2 comp3
bravo, comp1 comp3
charlie, comp2

Now I have a scheduled report to run daily to determine any differences between the lookup file and account names and hosts of new daily logons. So, for example, if the new data is...

Account_Name, Host
alpha, comp4
alpha, comp5
bravo, comp2
charlie, comp1

I want my new lookup table to compensate for this. New result set will be as follow:
Account_Name, Host
alpha, comp1 comp2 comp3 comp4 comp5
bravo, comp1 comp2 comp3
charlie, comp1 comp2

How do I write the outputlookup portion to append the new data to the old data in the lookup file?

My query is as follow to obtain new data:
index=main NOT [ | inputlookup baseline.csv ] | table Account_Name Host

1 Solution

Super Champion

Hi @chanthongphiob,
Try this:

index=main NOT [ | inputlookup baseline.csv ] | table Account_Name Host| outputlookup append=true newlookup.csv

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Super Champion

Hi @chanthongphiob,
Try this:

index=main NOT [ | inputlookup baseline.csv ] | table Account_Name Host| outputlookup append=true newlookup.csv
0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are you guys sure of this method with tstats? 

| tstats count where (index=test* earliest="2/1/2020:00:00:00" latest="3/1/2020:00:00:00") BY _time span=1d 
| inputlookup append=true testlookup.cvs
| outputlookup testlookup.csv

0 Karma

jameswatts
Explorer

search blah | inputlookup append=true X.cvs | outputlookup X.csv

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...