Splunk Search

How do I search for a list of the most searched indexes and the count for each?

rameshlpatel
Communicator

Hi,

I am looking for a list of the most searched indexes and the count for each. Is it possible to get that in Splunk?

Can someone please share a search for that?

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Something like this can get you started

index=_audit action=*search*  search_id=* | table _time search  splunk_server | rex field=search "index\s*=\s*(?<IndexName>\w+)" | stats count by IndexName splunk_server

View solution in original post

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Something like this can get you started

index=_audit action=*search*  search_id=* | table _time search  splunk_server | rex field=search "index\s*=\s*(?<IndexName>\w+)" | stats count by IndexName splunk_server

ppablo
Retired

Hi @rameshlpatel

Can you clarify if you're looking for a list of the most searched indexers or most searched indexes? You put "indexes list" in your title but "indexer list" in your content.

0 Karma

rameshlpatel
Communicator

My Bad. most searched indexes .

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

No problem, thanks for clarifying!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...