Splunk Search

How do I remove a particular row from my stats command based on the value of another row?

avisriv
source="something_source" topic="something_topic1" OR topic="something_topic2" earliest = "-1d" client="cpu1305" | stats latest(msg) as Valuess by topic

Now, this search returns suppose like below:

**topic**                                                              **Valuess**
something_topic1                                                        3
something_topic2                                                        7

Here, if the value of something_topic1 is say 3, then i only want to display the row 'something_topic2', else I want to simply remove this row( 'something_topic2') from my stats result

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

harishalipaka
Motivator

@avisri

Try below

| makeresults | eval topic="topic1",values=3 | append[| makeresults |eval topic="topic2",values=7 ] |eval topicx=if(topic="topic1" and values=3 ,"%","topic1") | eventstats first(topicx) as topicx |where topic like(topicx) |table topic values
Thanks
Harish

View solution in original post

0 Karma

harishalipaka
Motivator

@avisri

Try below

| makeresults | eval topic="topic1",values=3 | append[| makeresults |eval topic="topic2",values=7 ] |eval topicx=if(topic="topic1" and values=3 ,"%","topic1") | eventstats first(topicx) as topicx |where topic like(topicx) |table topic values
Thanks
Harish
0 Karma

harishalipaka
Motivator

Hi @avisri

Sorry, your accepted answer not reflected to my karma points. Can you please do it again

Thanks
Harish
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...