Splunk Search

How do I prevent milliseconds from displaying in the _time field in search results?

Alexwii

Hello everyone !

I would like my search results to not display milliseconds in the _time field in the Search app, because it's useless for me. Example, I have 15:14:33:000 and I want 15:14:33.

Thank you so much for your answer.

alt text

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

You can set the time to your favourite format

your search |eval _time=strftime(_time,"%d/%m/%Y %H:%M:%S")

You can set it permanent in props.conf if you don't care about millisecond precision in your searches
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.2/Data/Configuretimestamprecognition

[<spec>]
TIME_FORMAT = %d/%m/%Y %H:%M:%S
Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

Alexwii

Thank you for your answer, but when I write your command, I have :

NaN/NaN/0NaN 
NaN:NaN:NaN.000

After personalize, it's same problem...

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

Try your search|eval Time=strftime(_time,"%d/%m/%Y %H:%M:%S") |table Time , "other fields"

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

Alexwii

Thanks you so much ! It's work !

But when I write in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/search/local/props.conf

[]

TIME_FORMAT = %d/%m/%Y %H:%M:%S

It's not work... I restart Splunk, wait +12h and it's not ok...

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

Sorry you can ignore this part and remove this settings. This is for extracting the timestamp from your event(initially i thought so). Since your timestamp extraction is fine you don't need this.

Please see here :http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.2/Data/Configuretimestamprecognition#Reconfigure_how...

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...