Splunk Search

How do I loop through a list of regular expression patterns stored in a KV store in a search?

govardha
Path Finder

I am new to Splunk.

The cluster command gives me results that I am looking for and some. I would like to filter the results of this command with a list of regular expression patterns that I have stored in a KV store, but I am having a tough time getting the answers that I am looking for. When I run the map command below it looks like the $payload$ ends up with the value rather than the field name.

The app_critical_warning KV store has a list of regexp patterns with one of the column names being regexp_pattern.

Here's the search that I have come up with:

index="someindex" msgtype::warning |
cluster t=0.9 showcount=true field=payload |
table cluster_count payload |
map [|inputlookup app_critical_warning |
regex $payload$=regexp_pattern ] maxsearches=10

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to go about this task? I can compose the search with all the regex patterns, but I would like to maintain it in a KV store for logistic reasons.

Thank you!

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...