Splunk Search

How do I fetch data from an existing field?

twh1
Communicator

I have a field in my log which contains a huge text data with two different formats. I tried to catch a few parts in a new field but was unable to get all the data.

First type
------------------------------------
Timestamp=26/SEP/2018 16:37:38 UTC|DBA_GROUP=X2Oracle_NSS|TOWER=NSS|DB_INSTANCE_NAME=lsrprod|DB_HOST_NAME=ABC|UAID=0|TABLE_OWNER=STAGE|TABLE_NAME=NFMDAT|PARTITION_POSITION=6|PARTITION=P2018|HIGH_VALUE=TTO_DATE(' 2019-01-01 00:00:00', 'SYYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS', 'NLS_CALENDAR=GREGORIAN')|PREV_HIGH_VALUE=TTO_DATE(' 2018-01-01 00:00:00', 'SYYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS', 'NLS_CALENDAR=GREGORIAN')

Second type
-------------------------------------------------
Timestamp=26/SEP/2018 16:01:06 UTC|DBA_GROUP=X2Oracle_GFS|TOWER=GFS|DB_INSTANCE_NAME=ecs02prd|DB_HOST_NAME=ASD|UAID=UDBID-15360|TABLE_OWNER=ECSREFRESH_EXCEPTION|TABLE_NAME=ECS_TRAN_AUDIT_HSTR_BKP|PARTITION_POSITION=27|PARTITION=ECSTRANAUDTHSTR_20170430|HIGH_VALUE=TIMESTAMP' 2017-05-01 00:00:00'|PREV_HIGH_VALUE=TIMESTAMP' 2017-04-01 00:00:00'
partition_check_En_Time=12:01:07 PM
End_Time: Wed Sep 26 12:01:07 EDT 2018

I used the below query to get the new field from above log.

base search  | eval Current_High_Value=substr(HIGH_VALUE, 11, 20) | eval Previous_High_Value=substr(PREV_HIGH_VALUE, 11, 20)

I am getting value properly for Current_High_Value field but not getting complete data in Previous_High_Value. Its not picking data for second type of log.

0 Karma
1 Solution

twh1
Communicator

I have used below query and getting value properly.

base search | eval Current_High_Value=substr(HIGH_VALUE, 11, 20) 
        | rex "^(?:[^ \n]* ){5}(?P<Pre_High_Value>[^']+)"
        | eval Previous_High_Value= case(like(PREV_HIGH_VALUE, "TTO_DATE%"), substr(PREV_HIGH_VALUE, 11, 20), like(PREV_HIGH_VALUE, "TIMESTAMP%"), Pre_High_Value) 

View solution in original post

0 Karma

twh1
Communicator

I have used below query and getting value properly.

base search | eval Current_High_Value=substr(HIGH_VALUE, 11, 20) 
        | rex "^(?:[^ \n]* ){5}(?P<Pre_High_Value>[^']+)"
        | eval Previous_High_Value= case(like(PREV_HIGH_VALUE, "TTO_DATE%"), substr(PREV_HIGH_VALUE, 11, 20), like(PREV_HIGH_VALUE, "TIMESTAMP%"), Pre_High_Value) 
0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

You can use rex command to get Previous high value-

rex field=PREV_HIGH_VALUE "\W+\s+(?\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2})"

0 Karma

twh1
Communicator

Thanks @Vijeta

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...