Splunk Search

How do I extract a string from my sample log using the rex command?

kumina

How do I extract the string from MSG: till EL from the sample log below using the rex command?

BL: | LL: ERROR | TS: 2015-06-05 13:42:28,544 | AR: RxC_15.01.24.01 | STORE: 09560:wks02 | USER: 0589263 | HOST: wks02 | APPSERVER: rri1rxappa60/10.92.227.28 | MSGID: 09560-wks02-SCRRXDE01NewPrescriptionP-1433526148422: |SC: [com.cvs.rxconnect.web.RxConnectWebEntry.doPost] | MSG: EXCP Error completing service call com.cvs.rxconnect.rx.service.RxFillService.saveAIDetail | java.lang.NullPointerException
                at com.cvs.rxconnect.modeleValue194)
                at com.cvs.rxconnect.ai.boundary.(RxpAdditionalInfoBoundaryImpl.java:331)
                at com.cvs.rxconnect.ai.persistor.(istorImpl.java:9626)
                at com.cvs.rxconnect.ai.service.(AdditionalInfoServiceImpl.java:998)
                at com.cvs.rxconnect.rx.service.R(FillServiceImpl.java:11319)
                at com.cvs.rxconnect.rx.service.Re(<generated>)
                at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(53)

:EL
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This works on regex101.com:

... | rex "(?s)MSG:(?P<string>.*):EL" | ...
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If this solved your problem, please accept the answer.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...