Splunk Search

How do I edit my regular expression to search for a question mark in a string?

dbcase
Motivator

Hi,

I'm having a dickens of a time trying to figure out how to use a question mark as the termination of a search for regex. My data looks like this

####     <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '20' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <> <> <> <1470912327355>  <[STUCK] ExecuteThread: '18' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)' has been busy for "662" seconds working on the request "Workmanager: mediaUpload-workManager, Version: 0, Scheduled=true, Started=true, Started time: 662872 ms
[
POST /cameraProxy/video?token=MTE0NTg5OjExNDU4OS4xNDcwMzgzNzc1OjExNDU4OS4zOjExNDU4OV83ODAzNDM2NTE3X3ZfMTM2NF80MjM4MjUwOTo2MDAyNTM= HTTP/1.1

And I'm trying to match on the ? just at the end of the /cameraProxy/video URL. My umpteenth try at the regex looks like this

GET\s|POST\s+(?<status>\/\w+\/\w+)

Which works, but if the URL is digits instead of a word, it wouldn't match. Ideally I'd like to search for the GET / POST, then the space, then match everything up to the ? mark.

0 Karma
1 Solution

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

GET\s|POST\s+(?<status>\/[^\?]+)

View solution in original post

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

GET\s|POST\s+(?<status>\/[^\?]+)

dbcase
Motivator

One day my goal is to be as smart as you Sundareshr! 🙂

sundareshr
Legend

Your goal is very near, my friend 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...