Splunk Search

How could I append the subsearch result with different fields

jpeng5068

Hi,

I am trying to combine two searches into one table with different fields name. for example, I have error source file A, have the filed errorcode with "codeA, codeB, codeC...", source file B have all the successful transaction records with the field name transnum, I want to have a table with the error count split by error code, and the total successful transactions count. The format is like this:

codeA xx
codeB xx
codeC xx
transactions xx

I tried the search:

source=A | stats count by errorcode | append [ search source=B | stats count(transnum) by count ]

The total transaction count will show at the last line, but the name column is empty.
errorcode count
codeA xx
codeB xx
codeC xx
xx

How could I add the name "transactions" to the last row of the search result?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

jpeng5068

That works, Thank you!

0 Karma

acharlieh
Influencer

eval lets you set fields to calculations or to fixed arbitrary values. Use it within your appended search, and you should be all set:

source=A | stats count by errorcode | append [ search source=B | stats count(transnum) as count | eval errorcode="transactions" ]
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...