Splunk Search

How come our data is not lining up correctly in the following search?

fisuser1
Contributor

I've written a search that charts data into a table. The query extracts run times greater than 25% over its calculated average value from the past 60 days. However, when I run the search, the run_time values are not lining up with the start_time values in the raw events. I'm probably missing something very simple, but I have been looking at this for so long. I figured maybe someone could pick up what I am doing wrong pretty quickly.

The start_time and run_time values don't line up correctly with the _raw data in the events.

index=foo sourcetype=bar  firm_number="24" 
| strcat firm_name " - Firm Number:  " firm_number AS Firm 
| bin _time span=60d 
| eventstats avg(duration_minutes) as avg_time by Firm
| eval perc_of_change=round(((duration_minutes-avg_time)/duration_minutes)*100,2) 
| where perc_of_change > 25 
| stats values(duration_minutes) as run_time values(start_time) as start_time first(avg_time) as avg_time by Firm
| fields - _time

alt text

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

fisuser1
Contributor

got it. used list instead of values calculating the run_time and start_time fields

View solution in original post

0 Karma

fisuser1
Contributor

got it. used list instead of values calculating the run_time and start_time fields

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...