Splunk Search

How can we only see results when they are NOT found?

jtitus3
Explorer

I have a large CSV lookup table operational and working well but would like to run a search on my data that only shows values that are NOT in the table. Any ideas?
If no result is found, the default is “Definition Not defined”.
Thank you

Tags (4)
0 Karma

jtitus3
Explorer

After doing more research, what I really need is:
|stats count by Events |lookup EventList EC AS Events OUTPUTNEW Result AS MSG| (I only want MSG=Definition Not Defined)

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Generally you could run a subsearch with your CSV lookup table to filter your indexed data (e.g. index=foo sourcetype=bar NOT [| inputlookup yourLookup.csv | table field1 field1.. | format]). With little information in the question about your lookup table, your indexed data search and their relationship, I would suggest give something like above a try. Providing more information in your question would yield you better suggestion from the community.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...