Splunk Search

How can i create a stacked bar graph showing the different log levels?

sphiwee
Contributor

How can i create a stacked bar graph showing the different log levels (Error, Info, Debug)  generated by  each  Process 

index="intau_workfusion" sourcetype=workfusion.out.log host=*
| rex "^(?<Date>\d+-\d+-\d+\s+\d+:\d+:\d+)\s+\[[^\]]*\]\s*\[(?<Process>[^\]]*)\]\s*\[(?<Step>[^\]]*)\]\s*\[(?<User>[^\]]*)\]\s*[^\[]+\s\[(?<Log_level>[^\]]+)"
| search Log_level="*"
| where Process != ""

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try using the chart command to get both Log_level and Process in the output.

| rex "^(?<Date>\d+-\d+-\d+\s+\d+:\d+:\d+)\s+\[[^\]]*\]\s*\[(?<Process>[^\]]*)\]\s*\[(?<Step>[^\]]*)\]\s*\[(?<User>[^\]]*)\]\s*[^\[]+\s\[(?<Log_level>[^\]]+)"
| search Log_level="*"
| where Process != ""
| chart count over Process by Log_level

To see the chart, switch to the Visualization tab, choose the "Column Chart" visualization, then select "Stacked" from the Format dropdown.  See the example below.

richgalloway_0-1692373794408.png

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Charts require a command that produces statistics (chart, stats, timechart, etc.).  Try this

| search Log_level="*"
| where Process != ""
| stats count by Log_level

Then switch to the Visualization tab, choose the Bar Chart visualization, then select the Stacked format.

---

sphiwee
Contributor

I have applied it but but its only showin like this, I want the log level to be stacked and to show according to Process 

sphiwee_0-1692363740674.png

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try using the chart command to get both Log_level and Process in the output.

| search Log_level="*"
| where Process != ""
| chart count over Process by Log_level

To see the chart, switch to the Visualization tab, choose the "Column Chart" visualization, then select "Stacked" from the Format dropdown.  See the example below.

richgalloway_0-1692373794408.png

---
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...