Splunk Search

How can I use the IN operator after tstats to see if a list of strings exists in a field?

russell120k
Engager

Hi, I want to change this first (sanitized) query to use a data model instead but I'm unsure how to incorporate "[field] IN ([comma separated list])". 

search index=my_index _raw IN ("*test*" ,"*sale*", "*customer*", "*item*" , "*code*")
|transaction src maxspan=1h
|table _time src url

This is my latest  failed attempt:

|tstats values(Web.url) as urls FROM datamodel=Web by Web.src
|search urls IN("*test*" ,"*sale*", "*customer*", "*item*" , "*code*")
|table *

In the 2nd query, how can I use the IN operator after tstats to see if any one of strings  in a list (the wildcards are required) exists in a field?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tried WHERE field IN (values)?

|tstats values(Web.url) as urls FROM datamodel=Web where Web.url IN ("*test*" ,"*sale*", "*customer*", "*item*" , "*code*") by Web.src
|table *
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tried WHERE field IN (values)?

|tstats values(Web.url) as urls FROM datamodel=Web where Web.url IN ("*test*" ,"*sale*", "*customer*", "*item*" , "*code*") by Web.src
|table *
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

russell120k
Engager

This worked perfectly, thank you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...