Splunk Search

How can I tune the Splunk search process to handle more than 250000 events at one timestamp?

stephanbuys
Path Finder

I have a data source where all events get logged in hour intervals. There could be several hundred thousand events per interval.

When trying to search for these events I get the following error: Error in 'IndexScopedSearch': The search failed. More than 250000 events found at time 1271749500.

Is there a way to tune the search process not to fail on this search?

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

stephanbuys
Path Finder

We resolved this issue by moving away from timestamp recognition for this data source and logging TIME_FORMAT=CURRENT.

0 Karma

stephanbuys
Path Finder

Unfortunately I am still running into this limitation. I have tried to add some information to from the event's _raw field to the Sourcetype, in order to increase the uniqueness of the host/source/sourcetype combination. My searches are still failing though.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...