Splunk Search

How can I retrieve data for between dates?

udaypulipaka
Observer

Hi,

I have a field called "Created_date". My requirement is to get a monthly count of created and closed tickets. How do I find a created count for a particular month?

index="os" sourcetype="Service" (Group="Conn" OR Group="Data") AND (Section="Local" OR Section="health") AND (Component="connectivity" OR Component="health")|dedup CaseNumber,Created_ON|eval closed=if(status="Complete",1,NULL)|stats count(Created_date) AS Created count(closed) AS Closed

If i run with a 24 hours range, then it is showing the previous months. "Created_date" data aslo. I need to show 6 months data monthly, how many were created and closed on that particular month.

Please help me figure out how to do this!

Tags (2)
0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

One thing you can do which is pretty nifty is to eval _time to match your created date.
You need to make sure that its in epoch format first, but if you added something like:
|eval Created_date=strptime(Created_date, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%S")|eval _time=Created_date, you can then use timechart to render them based on when they were opened

just a note: is the field "Created_date" or "Created_ON" - your example uses both - I presume only one is correct!?

index="os" sourcetype="Service" (Group="Conn" OR Group="Data") AND (Section="Local" OR Section="health") AND (Component="connectivity" OR Component="health")|dedup CaseNumber,Created_date|eval closed=if(status="Complete",1,NULL)|eval Created_date=strptime(Created_date, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%S")|eval _time=Created_date|timechart count by closed
If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...