Splunk Search

How can I modify the value of a field of a search?

rcontreras88

Hello,

Could I get some advice to get the right solution to my problem, I am a Splunk newbie and my knowledge of proper search syntax is garbage, so here it goes:

I have a dashboard application where I have a table and two columns of this table can be filled by the user, this operation can be made after a search.

My question is, Which could be the best option to updated the empty fields before the search to the new value that the user filled on the table? How Could I atteched this value to the event of the search? I was reading about the lookup method but I don't understand it, and also searching about modify fields of an event but I didn't get a good answer.

Someone could help me a little?

Also Attached an image of my dashboard to explain me a little betteralt text

Thanks in advanced

Rosana

Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...