Splunk Search

How can I create this report table with two column labels?

Laya123
Communicator

Hi,

Is it possible to get a report like this in Splunk?

I have fields APP, status and category. Here I am taking the count of status for each category by APP. I want a category for each row, and under each APP, I want the status and total of each column with a Grand Total column on the far right side of the table. Please refer to the attached image sample.png as the table was too wide for proper formatting on this site.

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this (you will need to adjust some things to match your search/data and may need to re-order the fields):

YourBaseSearchHere APP="N-S" | eval app_status = APP . ":" . status | chart count over Cat by app_status | addtotals | rename Total AS "N-S Total" | appendcols [ YourBaseSearchHere APP="S-V" | eval app_status = APP . ":" . status | chart count over Cat by app_status | addtotals | rename Total AS "S-V Total" ]  | eval Grand_Total=0 | foreach *Total [ eval Grand_Total = Grand_Total + $<<FIELD>>$ ] | addcoltotals labelfield=Cat label=Total

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this (you will need to adjust some things to match your search/data and may need to re-order the fields):

YourBaseSearchHere APP="N-S" | eval app_status = APP . ":" . status | chart count over Cat by app_status | addtotals | rename Total AS "N-S Total" | appendcols [ YourBaseSearchHere APP="S-V" | eval app_status = APP . ":" . status | chart count over Cat by app_status | addtotals | rename Total AS "S-V Total" ]  | eval Grand_Total=0 | foreach *Total [ eval Grand_Total = Grand_Total + $<<FIELD>>$ ] | addcoltotals labelfield=Cat label=Total

Laya123
Communicator

Thank you so much, its working.

But one small thing. Is it possible to put N-S Total after app_status of N-S and S-V Total after app_Status of S-V Total and Grandtotal in last column
Thanks in advance

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

I do not understand why Splunk is reordering the fields but you can manually reorder them with the fields command by specifying every field in the order that you desire.

0 Karma

Laya123
Communicator

Thank you

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...