Splunk Search

How can I create a bar chart through 4 fields?

AtillaMaia

alt text

I'm using db Connect and I have this db input. So, I want a chart with 24 bars that represent range of hours. HourStart and HourEnd are that range and I get them in my query. For each interval (HourStart - HourEnd) I have Num which I also get it in my result. CurrentNum is used just for the current interval. For instance, now the current interval is 10AM - 11AM, so only for this interval CurrentNum will be used; the remains will be represented by 'Num' .

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

OK, try this (HourEnd is implied by HourStart so it does not factor in):

... | chart avg(Num) AS Num avg(CurrentNum) AS CurrentNum over HourStart

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

OK, try this (HourEnd is implied by HourStart so it does not factor in):

... | chart avg(Num) AS Num avg(CurrentNum) AS CurrentNum over HourStart
0 Karma

AtillaMaia

For each, HourStart there is the specified value of Num

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Right; that's what is charted. If that is not what you desire, you need to restate your desire MUCH more clearly. I have been making educated guesses because you still have never been clear about what you are trying to do.

0 Karma

AtillaMaia

I really appreciate your suggestions! I'll try to explain again what I desire. Thanks

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this?

... | timechart first(HourStart) , first(HourEnd), first(Num), first(CurrentNum)

To make the visualization a bar chart, modify with the upper-left control and change it to "bar" or "column".

This is probably a poor guess at an answer but you have neither shown us your data, nor your search as it is so-far.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...