Splunk Search

How can I add icons that replace the cell.value on my table without using rangemap?

sfatnass
Contributor

Hi,

I want to add icons that replace the cell.value on my table without using range map.

How can I do that?

thx

Tags (3)
1 Solution

ConnorG
Path Finder

You'll need to use javascript if you're looking to use icons without rangemaps. Below you'll find a segment of my code that is placing icons in a table. Instead of a rangemap you'll see that this is choosing the icon based on conditionals and the cell value itself.

Go here if you have never used javascript with dashboards before. My code is expanding upon these concepts.

var CustomRangeRenderer = TableView.BaseCellRenderer.extend({
        canRender: function(cell) 
        {

return _(['SLA']).contains(cell.field);
        },
        render: function($td, cell) {

var template_settings="";
             console.log("cell: ", cell);

if (cell.field === 'SLA') {
                var value = cell.value;
                if( value == '-1') {
                    $td.addClass('nopadding').addClass('range-cell').addClass('range-na');
                    // $td.text(value);
                    $td.text('N/A');

var msg='No Response Time SLA defined for this transaction.';
                    template_settings = '<div class="data-box" data-toggle="tooltip" data-placement="left" title="'+msg+'"><div class="sla-good"  style="background-color:#222222; width:100%"></div></div>';
                }
                else if ( value == '0') {
                        $td.addClass('nopadding');

var msg='Transactions failed response time SLA as defined in terms of 90th percentile'; 
                        template_settings = '<i class="icon-alert-circle" title="Failed"></i>';
                }
                else {

var msg='Transactions passed response time SLA as defined in terms of 90th percentile';
                        template_settings = '<i class="icon-check-circle" title="Passed"></i>';

}
            }
            $td.html(_.template(template_settings));

//$td.children('[data-toggle="tooltip"]').tooltip();
        }
    });

View solution in original post

ConnorG
Path Finder

You'll need to use javascript if you're looking to use icons without rangemaps. Below you'll find a segment of my code that is placing icons in a table. Instead of a rangemap you'll see that this is choosing the icon based on conditionals and the cell value itself.

Go here if you have never used javascript with dashboards before. My code is expanding upon these concepts.

var CustomRangeRenderer = TableView.BaseCellRenderer.extend({
        canRender: function(cell) 
        {

return _(['SLA']).contains(cell.field);
        },
        render: function($td, cell) {

var template_settings="";
             console.log("cell: ", cell);

if (cell.field === 'SLA') {
                var value = cell.value;
                if( value == '-1') {
                    $td.addClass('nopadding').addClass('range-cell').addClass('range-na');
                    // $td.text(value);
                    $td.text('N/A');

var msg='No Response Time SLA defined for this transaction.';
                    template_settings = '<div class="data-box" data-toggle="tooltip" data-placement="left" title="'+msg+'"><div class="sla-good"  style="background-color:#222222; width:100%"></div></div>';
                }
                else if ( value == '0') {

var msg='Transactions failed response time SLA as defined in terms of 90th percentile'; 
                        template_settings = '<i class="icon-alert-circle" title="Failed"></i>';
                }
                else {

var msg='Transactions passed response time SLA as defined in terms of 90th percentile';
                        template_settings = '<i class="icon-check-circle" title="Passed"></i>';

}
            }
            $td.html(_.template(template_settings));

//$td.children('[data-toggle="tooltip"]').tooltip();
        }
    });

jerhuey75
Explorer

I don't know if you can do it without rangemap. If you haven't already, take a look at the Traffic Light Visualisations App. Good examples there.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...