Splunk Search

How can I add extra labels to columns in charts?

dhruv101
Path Finder

Hi,

I create a chart using the following query which basically combines three fields and plots their count on a chart.
When I hover the mouse on any column I can see the phase name and count(as expected).

index=“app_event” 
 | eval myFan=mvrange(0,3)
 | mvexpand myFan
 | eval time=case(myFan=0,$$payload.beginVal$$, myFan=1,$$payload.endVal$$, myFan=2,$$payload.anotherVal$$)
 | eval phase=case(myFan=0,"Start", myFan=1,"End", myFan=2,"Other")
 | eval Time= strftime (time, “%F %T.%9Q”)
 | chart count by Time phase

I now want to add an extra label($$payload.eventID$$) to every column such that when I hover over a column I am also able to see this label. How do I do this?

(PS I first tried concatenating this label to phase but then the chart starts counting by 'phase+payload.eventID' which I do not want. I want the chart to look the same, just with the new added label to each column.)

Thanks.

felipesewaybric
Contributor

I agree with the somesoni answer

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Just add following to end of your current search

| rename Start as "$$payload.eventID$$:Start" End as "$$payload.eventID$$:End" Other as "$$payload.eventID$$:Other"

vidhyaArumalla
Path Finder

This above solution helped me to solve a similar problem, Thanks @somesoni2

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...