Splunk Search

Hello everyone, am trying to extract fields from the below syslog events that i'm receiving from Symantec, would you help me extracting it out

aelzain
Engager

<54>Nov 30 15:02:42 SymantecServer SR-SAAP-SEP01: Scan ID: 1448882755,Begin: 2015-11-30 11:47:09,End: 2015-11-30 11:58:44,Completed,Duration (seconds): 695,User1: SYSTEM,User2: SYSTEM,'Scan started on selected drives and folders and all extensions.','Scan Complete: Risks: 0 Scanned: 1472 Files/Folders/Drives Omitted: 0 Trusted Files Skipped: 1465',Command: Not a command scan (),Threats: 0,Infected: 0,Total files: 1472,Omitted: 0,Computer: IBV-HQ-L12,IP Address: 172.18.10.34,Domain: Default,"Group: My Company\Workstations\Information Technology\",Server: SR-SAAP-SEP01

<54>Nov 30 15:00:42 SymantecServer SR-SAAP-SEP01: Scan ID: 1448884513,Begin: 2015-11-30 11:55:45,End: ,Started,Duration (seconds): 0,User1: z.Zomoniem,User2: ,'Scan started on selected drives and folders and all extensions.',,Command: Not a command scan (),Threats: 0,Infected: 0,Total files: 0,Omitted: 0,Computer: MLK-HQ-324,IP Address: 172.18.3.65,Domain: Default,Group: My Company\Workstations,Server: SR-SAAP-SEP01

am trying to create different types of reports that showing the the threat that I may face from viruses and not up to date machines, but the issue is that the event locks mess rather than that am not familiar with rex and regex commands and syntax.

0 Karma
1 Solution

sundareshr
Legend

Have you tried adding | extract pairdelim="," kvdelim=":" to your search? You should also consider adding kv rex to your conf fileds

If those two are not an option and you must use rex, this should work

.*SymantecServer\s(?<server_name>[^:]+):[^:]+:\s(?<scan_id>\d+),[^\d]+(?<begin>[^,]+),[^\s]+\s(?<end>[^,]+)?,(?<status>\w+),[^:]+:\s(?<duration>\d+),[^\s]+\s(?<user1>[^,]+),[^:]+:\s(?<user2>[^,]+)?(.*)Command:\s(?<command>[^,]+).*Total files:\s(?<total_files>\d+),[^:]+:\s(?<omitted>\d+),[^:]+:\s(?<computer>[^,]+),[^:]+:\s(?<ip>[^,]+).*Server:\s(?<server>.*)

This will extract the fields that are in bold in your question

View solution in original post

sundareshr
Legend

Have you tried adding | extract pairdelim="," kvdelim=":" to your search? You should also consider adding kv rex to your conf fileds

If those two are not an option and you must use rex, this should work

.*SymantecServer\s(?<server_name>[^:]+):[^:]+:\s(?<scan_id>\d+),[^\d]+(?<begin>[^,]+),[^\s]+\s(?<end>[^,]+)?,(?<status>\w+),[^:]+:\s(?<duration>\d+),[^\s]+\s(?<user1>[^,]+),[^:]+:\s(?<user2>[^,]+)?(.*)Command:\s(?<command>[^,]+).*Total files:\s(?<total_files>\d+),[^:]+:\s(?<omitted>\d+),[^:]+:\s(?<computer>[^,]+),[^:]+:\s(?<ip>[^,]+).*Server:\s(?<server>.*)

This will extract the fields that are in bold in your question

aelzain
Engager

Thanks @sundareshr, its working now as per your recommended solution,

0 Karma

asimagu
Builder

where are you facing issues when doing the extractions?? are you using the field extractor or building the extractions yourself?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...