Splunk Search

Having Trouble With CASE

hartfoml
Motivator

Here is what I am using:

| eval siteName = case (Destination_IP == "199.47.*", dropbox.com)

I have tried everything and it is not working. Do you think it is because of the numbers "199.47.*"?

0 Karma
1 Solution

imrago
Contributor
| eval siteName = case(match(Destination_IP, "^199\.47\..*$"), "dropbox.com")

View solution in original post

imrago
Contributor
| eval siteName = case(match(Destination_IP,"^199\.47\..*”), "dropbox.com", match(Destination_IP,“^85\.17\.30\..*"), "megadownload.net", match(Destination_IP,"^195\.122\.131\..*"), "rapidshare.com")
0 Karma

hartfoml
Motivator

This is the real answer. thanks this fixed the issue. you are a regex guru. thanks again

0 Karma

imrago
Contributor
| eval siteName = case(match(Destination_IP, "^199\.47\..*$"), "dropbox.com")

imrago
Contributor

I see now, / characters where removed

0 Karma

hartfoml
Motivator

OK I think I understand well not relay

So if I want to use case to get a variable named siteName and I have three possible sites identified by three possible IP’s I would normally use this

'| eval siteName = case (Destination_IP == "199.47.”, dropbox.com, Destination_IP == “85.17.30.", megadownload.net, Destination_IP == "195.122.131.*", rapidshare.com)'

But this isn’t working and the multiple matches are not working. Do you have any other suggestions for CASE

0 Karma

imrago
Contributor

the second argument of match function is a regex and "^199.47..$" in you example is not equal with "^199.47..*$" as I had suggested

http://www.addedbytes.com/cheat-sheets/regular-expressions-cheat-sheet/

0 Karma

hartfoml
Motivator

Opps the match doesn't seem to work in case
'| eval siteName = case(match(Destination_IP, "^199.47..$"), "dropbox.com",match(Destination_IP, "^85.17.30.$"), "megadownload.net",match(Destination_IP, "^195.122.131.*$"), "rapidshare.com")'

0 Karma

hartfoml
Motivator

HURA you are brilliant thanks

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...