Splunk Search

Grouping results in a table by IP address

stakor
Path Finder

I know I have bumped into this in the past, but I can think of a good keyword to do a search on...

I have a search that produces a list of IPs, most have multiple content categories associated with them. I want to create a table, where each IP is listed once, and all the content categories that are associated with that IP are listed with that IP. For example:

1.1.1.1 test1
1.1.1.1 test2
1.1.1.1 test3
1.1.1.2 test1

Would go into a table like:

1.1.1.1 test1
        test2
        test3

1.1.1.2 test1

I know that there is a way to cluster the results around the IP address. I just can't think of the right term to google. Anyone know what I should be searching for?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

starcher
Influencer

You can do | stats values(field) as field by ip

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jstoner_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I believe you are looking for something like this:

* |stats values(dest) by src

Do your search to get the data reduced to what you want and then do a stats command by the name of the field in the first column, but then do a values around the second column to get all the test1, test2, test3 values.

0 Karma

starcher
Influencer

You can do | stats values(field) as field by ip

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...