Splunk Search

Geostats Cluster Map Help

ChocolateRocket
Explorer

Any reason why this can't be visualized in a geo cluster map?

source="udp:514" index="syslog" NOT src_ip IN (10.0.0.0/8, 172.16.0.0/12, 192.168.0.0/16, 17.0.0.0/8) action=DROP src_ip!="162.159.192.9" | iplocation src_ip | geostats count by country

ChocolateRocket_0-1709916318464.png

ChocolateRocket_1-1709916366647.png

ChocolateRocket_2-1709917685622.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The field is "Country" not "country".

Try

| iplocation src_ip 
| geostats count by Country

Happy Splunking!

-Rich

View solution in original post

ChocolateRocket
Explorer

So, why is Lat/Long included as a data point? Even the tutorial I'm following has the same result, but surely there is a way to not show these since its sort of meaningless? (And don't call me Shirley!) 🙂

ChocolateRocket_0-1709995364551.png

0 Karma

marnall
Builder

@ChocolateRocket, the latitude and longitude fields are generated by the iplocation command and they are used to plot the data points on the map. You could remove them but then that would break the visualization.

Good luck, we're all counting on you.

0 Karma

ChocolateRocket
Explorer

If that is correct, then the planet earth and all humanity is in the wrong hands.

🙂

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The field is "Country" not "country".

Try

| iplocation src_ip 

Happy Splunking!

-Rich

ChocolateRocket
Explorer

Good lord. that was too easy.

Appreciate the help.

I keep forgetting I'm in a 'Nix world now.

Thank goodness PowerShell doesn't mind capitalization rule breakage. 😄

0 Karma

marnall
Builder

The iplocation command generates the capitalized field "Country", not "country", so it should work if you capitalize Country:

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Sweet, I was probably typing (got distracted) when you were posting.  Glad we had the same answer.  🙂

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...