Splunk Search

Finding Status in Transaction

Mubarish
Path Finder

Hi
I have a set of logs over which the transaction command is applied for SessionID and some fields are extracted .Below is the sample result.

FileName StatusCode
814xxx
Setxxxx.csv
814xxx
xxx.ZIP.asc
xxx.ZIP.asc
xxx.ZIP.asc
814xxx

The Status will be FAILURE if any of the StatusCode value for a particular SessionID have non Zero value otherwise Status will be COMPLETED

The expected output is

FileName StatusCode StatusCode
814xxx
Setxxxx.csv
COMPLETED
814xxx
xxx.ZIP.asc
FAILURE
xxx.ZIP.asc
xxx.ZIP.asc
814xxx
0 COMPLETED

How can i do this?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can try any of these

Your base search | eval StatusCode=if(StatusCode=0,"COMPLETED","FAILURE") | your transaction command | eval StatusCode=if(mvcount(StatusCode)=2,"FAILURE",StatusCode)

Your search with transaction command | eventstats sum(StatusCode) as AggrStatusCode by SessionID | eval StatusCode=if(AggrStatusCode=0,"COMPLETED","FAILURE")

jimodonald
Contributor

Could you sum the StatusCode and use an IF statement to identify the FAILURE/COMPLETED ?

i.e.

...  | stats sum(StatusCode) by SessionID | eval StatusCode=if(StatusCode==0,"COMPLETED","FAILURE") ...

strive
Influencer

Pipe the transaction results and use the eval command

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...